ENROLLMENT OPEN for Take Photos Like A Pro: Aperture, Composition and Lighting
This course covers 3 topics that will get you closer to seeing and capturing the world like a professional photographer. It isn’t nice gear and a pretty subject that creates great photos, it’s how you see and capture the world around you.
Yes, photographers see the world differently, and you’ll learn how to do just that. In this course, you will learn about aperture and shooting in aperture priority, composition and cropping, and you will learn about lighting and lighting in portraiture. I will provide video demonstrations, photo examples and you’ll get to share your photos with me as you practice and learn along with your own gear at home.
This course requires you to have an SLR camera with aperture priority shooting mode. This course is designed for all ages, for beginners, artists, people new to owning an SLR, new parents and anyone wanting to take better photos in their daily lives.
What are the requirements?
- You should own an SLR camera with aperture priority shooting mode
- LENS: 50mm (recommended)
- LAPTOP or COMPUTER
- SMALL OBJECTS to photograph
- MODEL or PET to photography
- WELL LIT ROOM to photograph in
What am I going to get from this course?
- 23 lectures and 40 minutes of content!
- See and capture the world with the eyes of a photographer.
- Take better photographs in natural lighting and in your daily life without needing to understand all the settings and without having all the lighting and camera gear.
- See and use lighting to capture subjects in the most flattering ways and tell the best stories with light.
- Understand aperture and shooting in aperture priority mode on a DSLR or SLR.
- Capture better photos and tell better stories of their life through photography.
- Use composition and cropping to tell the best stories in photos.
- Feel cameras less, capture moments confidently and live more in the moment.
- Capture better photos and tell better stories through photography.
Who is this course for?
- New parents, professionals, creatives, art students, and anyone with an SLR camera
- Story tellers who want to learn about lighting, composition, cropping to tell the best stories in photos
- Daily documenters who take photos daily, and want easy tricks to improve their story telling
- New SLR camera owners
- Beginning phase professional photographers
- People interested in going an step or two beyond AUTO settings on their cameras in order to have more control over their images
- Casual photographers wanting to learn basic photography concepts
- Anyone who wants to get it right the first time as they take the photo and not rely on Photoshop to fix
Who/what is this course NOT designed for?
- Those wanting to learn all of the settings on their SLR camera
- Point and shoot cameras or iPhones
- Anyone wanting to learn studio lighting and portraiture
- People wanting to learn photo editing
Section 1: Course Introduction & Materials
Section 2: SKILL 1: Aperture and Shooting in Aperture Priority
Section 3: SKILL 2: Composition, Framing, and Angles
Section 4: SKILL 3: Lighting Basics
Section 5: Course Wrap Up
Maggie Hudson, Photographer and Educator
Maggie is a professional Photographer and online Educator specializing in weddings, events and portrait photography to clients worldwide. She’s a guest University lecturer, she teaches one-on-one private photography lessons, and hosts photography meetup groups. Maggie shares her love of photography exactly the way she learned it, through short tips and photography “hacks,” online. Her decade of photography knowledge is now helping students worldwide through her free video trainings on YouTube, and in her online courses.